Prevent Water Damage in Your DeKalb Commercial Property
Commercial buildings for your Dekalb Business already require high costs for daily operations. If an accident, such as water damage, were to happen to your Dekalb business, repair costs can quickly add up. To help prevent accidents from happening, it important to maintain your property to keep it functioning. Upkeep for your Dekalb business can save you both time and money.
One of the biggest costs a commercial property can face is water damage. This can be devastating to any business and cost thousands of dollars. To help prevent your Dekalb County business from water damage, follow these tips on ways to maintain the function of your commercial property. These simple tips to prevent water leaks will go a long way to save your business from water damage. Here is how to keep your business safe:
- Assess your property. This means being aware of areas where flooding could pose a problem and make the necessary repairs or amendments as needed. Also pay special attention to basements and install a pump because it will go a long way towards keeping your building dry.
- Insulate exposed pipes. When temperatures drop during the winter, especially at night, exposed pipes are vulnerable to freezing. Most hardware stores carry pipe insulation and doing this can save you in the long run.
- Keep heat at sufficient levels. To prevent pipes from freezing, you’ll want to keep an eye on your business’s thermostat. Make sure it is never set to lower than 50 degrees. This includes weekends and after hours.
- Inspect gutters and drainage. Fallen leaves and other debris in gutters and downspouts can lead to water damage to the exterior walls of a building.
- Clear your roof. Snow and ice accumulation on the rood of your commercial property can weaken roofing materials and create “ice dams”, which prevent melted ice and snow from properly draining.
SERVPRO of Dekalb County wants your business to be safe too. We can help protect your Dekalb property if something were to happen by providing an Emergency Ready Profile. An Emergency Ready Profile is a one-stop-shop for what to do and who to call if an emergency were to happen. This plan is completely free to you and your business. Call us today to get your free Emergency Ready Profile or have any questions: (815) 758-3900.
Learn more about Dekalb